In Arizona, you have the absolute right to select the collision repair shop of your choice.
No insurance company, independent agent, representative, appraiser, adjuster or staff member of an insurance company can legally force you to or away from any specific repair shop, require that repairs be made by a specific repair shop or individual.
Auto Body Repair Consumer Bill of Rights
- 1. SELECT THE AUTO BODY REPAIR SHOP TO REPAIR AUTO BODY DAMAGE COVERED BY THE INSURANCE COMPANY. AN INSURANCE COMPANY MAY NOT REQUIRE THE REPAIRS TO BE DONE AT A SPECIFIC AUTO BODY REPAIR SHOP.
- 2. AN ITEMIZED WRITTEN ESTIMATE FOR AUTO BODY REPAIRS AND, UPON COMPLETION OF REPAIRS, A DETAILED INVOICE. THE ESTIMATE AND THE INVOICE MUST INCLUDE AN ITEMIZED LIST OF PARTS AND LABOR ALONG WITH THE TOTAL PRICE FOR THE WORK PERFORMED. THE ESTIMATE AND INVOICE MUST ALSO IDENTIFY ALL PARTS AS NEW, USED, AFTERMARKET, RECONDITIONED, OR REBUILT.
- 3. INFORMED ABOUT COVERAGE FOR TOWING SERVICES. UNLESS THE INSURANCE COMPANY HAS PROVIDED AN INSURED WITH THE NAME OF A SPECIFIC TOWING COMPANY PRIOR TO THE INSURED’S USE OF ANOTHER TOWING COMPANY, THE INSURANCE COMPANY MUST PAY ALL REASONABLE TOWING CHARGES OF THE TOWING COMPANY USED BY THE INSURED.
- 4. BE INFORMED ABOUT THE EXTENT OF COVERAGE, IF ANY, FOR A REPLACEMENT RENTAL VEHICLE WHILE A DAMAGED VEHICLE IS BEING REPAIRED.
- 5. BE INFORMED OF WHERE TO REPORT SUSPECTED FRAUD OR OTHER COMPLAINTS AND CONCERNS ABOUT AUTO BODY REPAIRS.
If you have any questions about your rights, be sure to ask one of our representatives. At Sands, we are always ready to help our customers.